6 Cool Green Holiday Card Options
If you’re like 50%-60% of businesses in America you may be thinking about sending customized holiday cards this year. If so, there’s still time and you have lots of excellent green options.
1. The greenest option is to forgo printed cards and use an eCard. American Greetings has a wide selction of eCards with minimal advertisements and is free for the first month. These green holiday cards even have an option to include a virtual gift card good for use at over 100 participating merchants.
2. ReProduct Zero-Waste custom photo holiday cards and envelopes are created using environmentally friendly materials and are completely recyclable—100% of these cards and envelopes are reused in the manufacturing of Shaw carpets. Cards and envelopes are made from synthetic ‘paper’ (virgin polypropylene) which is a treeless alternative. According to Rachel Derby of ReProduct, unlike paper which can only be recycled a limited number of times, plastics can be used again and again without losing any material quality, in a true Cradle to Cradle manner. Recipients follow simple return instructions detailed on the postage paid envelope that comes with the card.
3. Minted has beautiful digitally printed green holiday cards. All their holiday cards are printed on 100% PCW recycled 130lb matte card stock. Minted is powered by wind power and the cards are FSC and GreenSeal and Green-E certified. If you order today you will receive your cards by December 15.
4. Pear Tree Greetings has a number of recycled cards with up to 100% PCW content from which to choose. Their niche is that they sell “cool, unique products that “normal” people can actually afford.” Production takes about three to five business day and they are offering free shipping. The code is 16120.
5. Believe it or not, Office Depot, has a large selection of recycled holiday cards available for customization. The site is easy to use and the amount of PCW is very transparent. You can find good coupons at RetailMeNot.
6. Finally, old stand by Hallmark has a line of green holiday card designs they developed specifically in response to business customers’ desire for eco-friendly cards. If you sign up for an online account you can still get free 2-day shipping.