10 Hot Tips for Harried Salespeople/CEOs
Many people will find themselves at the helm of a business. This can mean making it where you are calling the shots in terms of day-to-day operations as well as making sure that all advertising is on track for the company. This can be a lot to juggle. While it is manageable for a while, it can take a toll. Even the best salespeople need some advice from time to time.
Here are ten great tips which can help you to be more productive in your position as well as being greener in your approach:
- Cutting Your Travel – Traveling has many downsides [ed note: First, its not very green] when you are the sole salesperson. First of all, it takes a lot of time. Secondly, it is a huge pollution factor. Make yourself available through video conferencing instead to talk with potential clients.
- Keeping Your Clients Happy – Make sure that the clients you have are happy through simple electronic thank you notes and invites. You will recognize that the lead generation caused by this is tremendous as word of your company spreads.
- Outsource Answering Phones – The great thing about VoIP service is that you have the ability to allow anyone, anywhere to answer phones on the same system as you. Allow a telephone answering service to be your gate keeper. This will also reduce driving pollution.
- Promote the Product – The tendency of many in the industry will be to tell people about how cool their business is. If you have a great product, people will automatically know that you have a great business. Make sure your promotions are focused on the right thing.
- Give Direct Access – If you are the person to talk to, you need to allow people to talk to you. This means giving your clients direct access to you for questions and concerns. Encourage them to place orders through the system but to talk to you about different concerns.
- Delegation Equals Authority – The best way to make sure that you are able to concentrate on what you are doing is to allow others to do what they do best. Farm out work to different people who can support you through what they do best. The internet will allow you to find many people who can support you from afar.
- Recruit Your Employees – Your employees benefit when the company makes better sales. Make sure that they are willing to hand out promotional material including your business cards to every potential client they meet.
- Create Goals – Always reach for better sales opportunities and try to discover ways that you can do so. Analyze the goals you have created and see what you can do better to increase your sales strategy.
- Get Expert Advice – There are people in your industry which have done what you are doing now successfully. These are the kinds of people you need to be in contact with so that you can learn how they did it and how you can incorporate their skills into your strategies.
- Be the Mentor – As your company grows, you will begin to realize the need for a full time sales person. This will allow you to pass on your wisdom to another so that they can carry on as you have. Give them all the tools you have learned in order to maximize their earning potential.
As you can see, the different tips all lean towards methods which utilize less driving and less paper contacts. These methods will help you to save money which you would normally spend out on methods which are damaging to the environment. It is a win-win situation.