Learning Tool For Social Entrepreneurs: A World Map of Innovative Business Projects
The Global Transition to a New Economy is a world map of innovative projects which challenge business as usual and make a contribution to the systemic change to the world economy which is urgently required. Together, the projects work to create a world which prioritizes human wellbeing with sustainability and within healthy environmental limits. This mapping tool is great for social and eco-entrepreneurs to see and learn from all the great new economy projects happening all over the world.
This project of the New Economics Institute, the New Economics Foundation, Stakeholder Forum for a Sustainable Future and the Green Economy Coalition has developed the map to capitalize on the momentum created by the Global Transition 2012 project. It is a movement to build a global civil society movement towards growing a new economy.
The Global Transition to a New Economy map showcases the various projects around the world which are part of the new economy. The map creates a framework to define the new economy across nine specific areas. It is an online forum for community groups, organizations and individuals to share information and best practice to accelerate the replication of successful new economy projects. You can even add your project to the map. If you an organization working on a number of different projects, you can become a partner!
This tool is an excellent learning resources for budding and start-up social entrepreneurs, who are provided with hundreds of case studies from around the world, a chance to connect with other relevant change makers and ensuring a better success rate for future projects.
The nine areas are:
- Citizens & Communities – Projects which enhance human well-being within environmental limits.
- Currencies – “Money, it’s a trip.” Creating new systems of supplying money which supports positive environmental and social outcomes.
- Enterprise and Ownership – Producing goods and services in a socially and environmentally responsible way.
- Finance – Makes capital available which allows local and national communities and enterprises to flourish with positive social and environmental outcomes.
- Governance and Politics – Working to create the necessary frameworks which allow positive social and environmental outcomes to flourish.
- Justice and Equity – Supports social justice and improved quality of life – particularly for people living in poverty.
- Local Economics – Building economies which enhance local production and local need.
- Models and Metrics – Ways of envisioning, modeling and measuring that support social and environmental well-being.
- The Commons – Ways of protecting, allocating, and storing natural resources which are sustainable and socially responsible.
The Global Transition 2012 is an international network of thought leaders and organizations to achieve an outcome from the United Nations’ Conference on Sustainable Development 2012 which catalyzes a ‘Global Transition’ to a world economy that maximizes wellbeing, operates within environmental limits, and is capable of coping and adapting to global environmental change. By building a global civil society and stakeholder movement which promotes alternative models of development built on the principles of equity and sustainability, the group is working towards meeting goals in all nine areas.
Get Involved with GTNE
There are plenty of ways to get involved in the Global Transition to a New Economy
If you are working on a new economy project, please spread the word and put your project on the map!
If you are part of an organization that would have a number of projects to share, please become a partner organization! Drop them a line at email@example.com to find out how.
« Creating Web Videos to Help Promote Your Green Business The Evolution of Green Construction »