How Green Is Your Company? Consumers Want To Know!
Another study reveals/confirms that consumers want to know more about the environmental activities of the companies they patronize. A new study from the Natural Marketing Institute reports that consumers are “interested in learning about what companies are doing to…”
- Recycle – 62%
- Reduce waste – 60%
- Reduce air pollution – 59%
- Reduce energy consumption – 56%
- Use more recycled content on products -52%
- Prevent global warming, reduce greenhouse gases – 51%
- Use less packaging – 50%
- Use materials from renewable sources – 49%
- Increase use of renewable resources – 47%
- Reduce water consumption – 44%
Now, I’ve never heard of the for-profit Natural Marketing Institute (and they weren’t particularly forthcoming when I called them) and so I cannot vouch for their methodology, but if accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it isn’t, this data reinforces something I have discussed before: sharing your green activities with your customers is key to building customer loyalty and creating a competitive advantage. To not do so is a missed opportunity. So, if you do any of the activities listed above, and I’m betting you do, let your customers know. They are interested.
Photo: Renato Cardoso at www.sxc.hu.
Posts Related to Consumer Research: